Lauren’s practice includes complex domestic and international estate planning, wealth preservation and business succession planning, trust, estate, and probate administration, federal income, estate, and gift taxation, modification and termination of irrevocable trusts, and premarital and postmarital agreements.
Lauren assists with establishing private foundations, public charities, and other tax-exempt organizations, applying for tax exemption with the IRS, and ongoing operational and tax advice. Lauren also represents personal representatives, trustees, and beneficiaries in complex and contested trust and estate administration and litigation, will and trust contests, and estate tax controversy matters.
Lauren has experience with family limited partnerships and limited liability companies, spousal lifetime access trusts (SLATs), life insurance trusts (ILITs), grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTs), sales to grantor trusts, multi-generation dynasty trusts, trusts for minors, homestead issues, post-mortem estate planning, and federal estate, gift, and fiduciary income tax returns.
Lauren was previously a partner of an Am Law 200 law firm where she represented sophisticated high profile and high-net-worth clients. Lauren is a frequent author of articles on trusts and estates issues and has been cited in the Trust & Estates Florida Bar treatises, Practice Under the Florida Probate Code and Litigation Under the Florida Probate Code. She is also a graduate of the American College of Trusts and Estates Council (ACTEC) Florida Fellows Institute.
Before private practice, Lauren began her legal career with a federal clerkship with the Honorable Elizabeth A. Jenkins in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. Lauren earned her finance and law degrees from the University of Florida, where she served as a member of Florida Blue Key and an editor of the Florida Law Review.
Lauren serves on the Board of After-School All-Stars, which partners with schools to provide free after-school and summer programs for underserved children in Tampa Bay.
⇒ [email protected]
Lauren’s practice includes:
- complex domestic and international estate planning
- wealth preservation and business succession planning
- trust, estate, and probate administration
- federal income, estate, and gift taxation
- modification and termination of irrevocable trusts
- private foundations, public charities, and other tax-exempt organizations
- prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
Trusts and Estates
Private Client Service
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Florida Law Review
- Book Awards: Income Tax of Estates and Trusts; Legal Drafting
- Florida Blue Key
- University of Florida, Warrington College of Business Administration, B.S.B.A., Finance
- Warrington Finance Scholar
The Florida Bar
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
U.S. Tax Court
Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Estate Planning & Probate, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
Best Lawyers in America®, Trusts & Estates, 2023
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Taxation Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Tampa Connection, Class of 2017
- Alumni Committee
- Board Member, After-School All-Stars Tampa Bay, 2017-present
- Committee Chair, A-Club Committee
- Member, Corporate Challenge Committee
- Volunteer, Bay Area Legal Services, 2016-present
- Volunteer, Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Wills for Heroes, December 2015-present
Publications & Presentations
- How to Apply for FEMA’s COVID-19 Funeral Assistance, Business and Legal Insights, 10.7.21
- Written Disclosure Requirements for Attorney Fees in Trust and Estate Administrations, Business and Legal Insights, 5.10.21
- Can an Heir Agree to Release All Rights to an Ancestor’s Estate?, Hillsborough County Bar Association Lawyer Magazine, March – April 2019
- Florida’s New Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act, Hillsborough County Bar Association Lawyer Magazine, January-February 2017
- Determining Reasonable Trustee Compensation, Hillsborough County Bar Association Lawyer Magazine, May-June 2016
- Treading on Sacred Ground: Denying the Appointment of a Testator’s Nominated Personal Representative, 63 Fla. L. Rev. 1041 (2011)